5/26/2009

Sotomayor gets the SCOTUS nod

As the father of Hispanic children I am delighted with Obama's courage in choosing Sotomayor. I've written about the racist, sexist and unsubstantiated attacks on Judge Sotomayor's character, temperament and ability extensively on this blog. I'm no legal expert and so can't speak to her qualifications, but the nature of those attacks made me hopeful she would be selected if only to discredit the tactics. Unfortunately, my bet is that her confirmation will be long, it will be racist and sexist and vicious. 5 minutes after the announcement the MSM meme is already targeting immigration, of course she must be illegal immigration friendly, she is Hispanic. Never mind the fact that she was born and raised in the Bronx and is as American as any non-Hispanic justice. This is an insult and typical of the MSMs lack of intellectual curiosity and integrity. The glass ceiling for my daughter has just been raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment