5/12/2009

Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.

Just a quick couple of comments on the recent Cheney full court press. I think Dick Cheney is going to succeed in making sure the 20% of people who identify as Republicans are as rock solid a constituency as there every was. I also think if this keeps up it will be a generation before anyone else other than that 20% ever identifies Republican again. I haven't spent a lot of time watching Dick Cheney interviews, but I did catch him on Face the Nation this weekend. I make my living in part by watching and reading people, their vocal inflections, choice of words, body language etc. The guilt and panic and fear is just oozing from the man. And remember, he is a 5 time deferment award winner. Towards the end of the interview, around when he threw GWB under the bus in an attempt to save himself he reminded me of the little kid whose Mom just told him "Wait until your Dad gets home" who then spends the rest of the afternoon talking his way out of that beating he knows he's earned and has coming. Dick Cheney has diarrhea of the mouth so bad I can't remember a single thing any other Republican has said all week. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment